Week of November 11, 2019
- In the Ragamuffin Gospel, Brennan Manning suggests “most of us believe in God’s grace in theory, but somehow we can’t seem to apply it in our daily lives. We continue to see Him as a small-minded bookkeeper, tallying our failures and successes on a score sheet. Yet God gives us His grace, willingly, no matter what we’ve done. We come to him as ragamuffins –dirty, bedraggled, and beat-up. And when we sit at His feet, He smiles upon us, the chosen objects of His furious love.” This Sunday we will turn to Jesus’ parable of the pharisee and the tax-collector as we consider God’s gracious and unconditional love for all people, saints and sinners alike.
- The Big Blue Barrels are here from Metropolitan Ministries. We are collecting food through November 20 for their Thanksgiving food distribution.
- Our next Blessed By Bayshore is serving in the Met Ministries Thanksgiving food distribution tent on Saturday afternoon, November 23 from 3:30-6:15pm at 2609 N Rome Ave, Tampa, FL 33607. Here is the link to register for this volunteer opportunity:
It is imperative each person pre-registers for this opportunity as any unfilled slots will be released for other groups in early November.
- Join us every Wednesday for our engaging classes and programs for children, youth, and adults at 6:30 pm. Choir is at 7:30 pm.
Children and Youth
- Our Children’s Mission Market returns Sunday, December 1st. The children have been working all Fall to create unique gifts, crafts and art to sell. The Market will be open every Sunday until Christmas. All proceeds will go to two personally selected mission partners, the Lee family in Macedonia and the Muniz family in France.
- Young at Heart is Thursday, November 21 at 12:30 at Hyde Park United Methodist. Dr. Erica Clark will help us learn how to have Happy, Healthier Holidays. Cost is $8. Sign up in the church lobby or contact Judy Richman at 813-300-1951.
- The Bayshore Collective CDs are available in the coffee shop or in the main lobby. Donations are welcome. It’s also available wherever you stream music!
- We need baked goods for our Parking Lot Sale this Saturday. Both purchased and homemade sweets are welcome. Drop off your donations on Friday between 9 am and 3 pm or on Saturday morning before 10 am.
- Help, please! We will be decorating our church for Advent and Christmas on Sunday, November 24 at 3 pm. Many hands make light work. Dinner will be served to all who volunteer.
- Remember to contribute to Bayshore through the Amazon Smile program. Every time you make a purchase through Amazon, we receive a donation. Simply go to smile.amazon.com and follow the directions.
When you shop at http://smile.amazon.com/ Amazon will donate to Bayshore! It really is that simple. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Bayshore every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Bayshore once you designate it as your favorite charitable organization.
A Touch Of Grace is a salon serving both women and men at Hyde Park ALF which will be open the first & third Friday, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM of each month. We are so excited to offer free salon services to our Hyde Park friends. Want to get involved? We need salon supplies, hosts, people to wash or cut hair and paint nails, and more… See Aurora Smith.
Do you think that half the fun of reading a book is discussing it with friends afterwards? Then the Bayshore Baptist Book Club is for you! We meet the first Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. at Bayshore, in the front lobby by the elevators.
Do you ever go to your mailbox only to be disappointed by what was in it? Bills, junk mail, and unwanted political propaganda make for a sad mailbox. The Barnabas Ministry is an opportunity to fill our college students’ mailboxes with notes of encouragement. Bayshore is looking for “Barnabases” to be paired with our college students.
If you are interested in this ministry of encouragement, please contact Dina Marshall.
If you like to or want to learn how to refurbish “stuff” to be used to give young adults in need their first homes, join us. Every Wednesday a team of people will meet from 6:30 – 7:30pm in the First Nesters Studio on the 2nd floor. Childcare is provided.
While we have many friends from Hyde Park ALF who worship and mingle with us on Wednesdays and Sundays, there are some people who simply aren’t mobile enough to leave the property. Join a group of Bayshore family who are leading worship onsite at the ALF on the third Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm.
Meet in the dining room at 3011 W. DeLeon Street, only ½ mile from Bayshore. Questions, contact Jim Neill.