Bayshore’s 2020 Vacation Bible School is June 8-12!! VBS is open to kids completing Pre-K up to 5th grade in the current school year. Register at https://bayshorevbs.typeform.com/to/GrJNIA For questions or volunteer information contact us at: email@example.com
Week of February 24, 2020
- Join us tonight (2/25) at 6 pm at Village Inn (215 N. Dale Mabry) for our annual Fat Tuesday Pancake Supper. This is always a wonderful time of fellowship as we prepare for the season of Lent.
- As we enter into the season of Lent together, our traditional Ash Wednesday service will be this Wednesday, February 26 at 6:30 PM in the sanctuary. This service will be live-streamed on Bayshore’s website. Preschool childcare will be available.
- This week is the first Sunday in the season of Lent. Join us as Alex brings a message entitled “Wilderness Time” on Jesus’ temptation in the desert.
- Beginning March 1, look for the basket in the main lobby as your Bayshore Missions Team collects books for Champions for Children, one of our mission partners. New board books and early childhood books are being collected to distribute to their clients and families.
- Our normal Wednesday activities for children, youth, and adults will be on break this week for our Ash Wednesday service. Preschool childcare will be available.
- Save the date: Next week, March 4th, is our monthly community dinner. Bring a covered dish to share with others. Dinner begins at 5:15 PM.
Children and Youth
- Vacation Bible School June 8-12. If you’d like to volunteer at VBS, please email Amanda and Jon Pearce at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New to Bayshore? Bayshore 101 will be offered this Sunday (March 1) during the Sunday School hour which begins at 9:30 AM. The class delves into Bayshore’s identity, culture, and beliefs and the process of becoming a member. Bayshore 1010 is open to anyone who would like to know more about Bayshore Baptist. Meet in the Koinonia, our coffee shop.
- The Bayshore softball team will be playing this Friday night at 7 & 8 PM at Gadsden Park. Come cheer on our team!
When you shop at http://smile.amazon.com/ Amazon will donate to Bayshore! It really is that simple. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Bayshore every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Bayshore once you designate it as your favorite charitable organization.
A Touch Of Grace is a salon serving both women and men at Hyde Park ALF which will be open the first & third Friday, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM of each month. We are so excited to offer free salon services to our Hyde Park friends. Want to get involved? We need salon supplies, hosts, people to wash or cut hair and paint nails, and more… See Aurora Smith.
Do you think that half the fun of reading a book is discussing it with friends afterwards? Then the Bayshore Baptist Book Club is for you! We meet the first Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. at Bayshore, in the front lobby by the elevators.
Do you ever go to your mailbox only to be disappointed by what was in it? Bills, junk mail, and unwanted political propaganda make for a sad mailbox. The Barnabas Ministry is an opportunity to fill our college students’ mailboxes with notes of encouragement. Bayshore is looking for “Barnabases” to be paired with our college students.
If you are interested in this ministry of encouragement, please contact Dina Marshall.
If you like to or want to learn how to refurbish “stuff” to be used to give young adults in need their first homes, join us. Every Wednesday a team of people will meet from 6:30 – 7:30pm in the First Nesters Studio on the 2nd floor. Childcare is provided.
While we have many friends from Hyde Park ALF who worship and mingle with us on Wednesdays and Sundays, there are some people who simply aren’t mobile enough to leave the property. Join a group of Bayshore family who are leading worship onsite at the ALF on the third Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm.
Meet in the dining room at 3011 W. DeLeon Street, only ½ mile from Bayshore. Questions, contact Jim Neill.