Check out our latest newsletter: Bayshore Connection 12-2021
Week of November 29, 2021
- Join us for worship this Sunday, December 5th at 10:30 a.m. either in-person or via livestream on our Facebook, website, or YouTube. Our guest preacher for this Second Sunday of Advent will be Mel Bower!
- We’d love to have you join us for our midday day prayer service each Wednesday at 12:15 in the chapel!
- Mark your calendars: Bayshore’s Chancel Choir will lead us in special Christmas music during our morning worship service on December 19th!
- Bayshore’s Christmas Eve service will be at 6:00 p.m. in the sanctuary. We hope you’ll join us for this worshipful welcome to the Christmas season!
- Today (11/30) is Giving Tuesday! Please consider making a special gift to Bayshore to help retire our debt and open up new possibilities for our church family. You can drop off your gift at the church office or give online here: http://pushpay.com/pay/bayshorebaptistchurch
- Our Children’s Advent Party is tomorrow (12/1) at 6 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall! It’s a family event with pizza, activities, and a special reading of the Christmas story. Deadline to RSVP to Melissa is today (11/30).
- ShoreKids Sunday School is available each week at 9:30 am for toddlers through 5th grade! Nursery also available.
- LOFT Christmas Party: Friday, December 17th 6-8 p.m. in The LOFT. All the fun of Christmases past is back in The LOFT this year! We’ll have pizza, games, prizes, and all kinds of Christmas shenanigans! Youth are invited to wear their best Christmas swag for our “best dressed” contest, and bring a $10-or-less wrapped gift for our white elephant exchange. Don’t miss this awesomely festive time with your LOFT family, and feel free and welcomed to bring friends!!
- Youth Wednesday night activities are on break until the new year.
- Join us for Sunday School this week at 9:30 in The LOFT as we continue our lesson series “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!”
- Luminary dedications for our Christmas Eve service are now open. Look for the dedication sheets around the church building. Cost is $10 and all funds raised support Bayshore’s children’s and youth ministries!
- We completed our Reconnect campaign! Thank you to everyone who reconnected with our Bayshore family. To those of you who live in gated communities, your gift from the church will be mailed to you. If you know of someone in the Bayshore family who did not receive a visit, please let the staff know. THANK YOU for spreading Bayshore’s love to our church family.
- The Advent/Christmas season is a great time to join the choir! Practice is Wednesday nights 7:30-8:30.
- Be sure to pick up your Devotions for Advent and Christmas 2021-2022. You can find them throughout the church.
- Zoom Bible Study with Bill Scarle:
Sundays at 9:30 a.m.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84449784025?pwd=ZlJzam9DZFo0OE90QWN0cUNZbVUrdz09
Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81828800368?pwd=Q0F6M3liL252NTVJSFRCNUgyTUJkUT09M
- What: Christmas Party w/ our ALF Friends and Neighbors
Where: Hyde Park ALF: 3011 W. De Leon St., Tampa, FL 33609
When: Wednesday, December 15, 3–4 PM
Beginning Dec. 1st through Sunday, Dec. 12th, we’ll have a Friendship Tree next to the Mission Market in our preschool reception area. Simply take an ornament and bring the items back to the church by Dec. 12. At our party on the 15th, we will shower our neighbors with a gift for each of our 68 friends who live there. We are grateful for everyone’s participation!
- The ShoreKids Mission Market is now open on Sunday mornings in front of the nursery desk. Be sure to do some Christmas shopping that supports Bayshore’s awesome mission partners!
- Looking for a way to give through one of Bayshore’s mission partners? Love INC is in need of assistance with their furniture ministry. Volunteers are needed especially Monday through Wednesday from 9 AM – 1 PM. Please respond to the Help Center Coordinator Charles Kutt (813) 222-5683. FYI – Love INC has been a huge blessing to Bayshore and we are grateful to partner with them.
- Offering for Global Missions: “Because Presence Matters” (Luke 24:13-35) is our theme for our Global Missions Offering for 2021-22. 100% of your gift to our Christmas Eve offering will support our CBF field personnel serving in the U.S. and around the world. When you give, you support the long-term presence of field personnel in 19 countries as they cultivate beloved community, bear witness to Jesus Christ, and seek transformational development among people & places otherwise forgotten and forsaken by the world.
- And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another and for all, just as we abound in love for you. 1 Thessalonians 3:12
Gennady & Mina Podgaisky (Kiev, Ukraine)
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship field personnel Gennady and Mina Podgaisky have served in Kiev, Ukraine, since December 2002, where they facilitate the ministries of the Village of Hope, a ministry center that assists foster families. They also lead Bible studies, provide counseling, organize and lead family seminars and couples retreats and provide training on the Life-Skills Manual for Youth. Gennady and Mina helped establish the Village of Hope in 2003 when seven buildings on a 16-plus acre former communist pioneer youth camp in the town of Bucha, Ukraine, were purchased. The Village of Hope currently hosts three Ukrainian foster families with a total of 21 children. The Village of Hope also offers year-round camp facilities for local churches, Christian camp organizations and other groups to rent. Mina is also one of the authors and trainer of the Life Skills Manual for Youth, consisting of 10 modules of four-to-seven 90-minute lessons designed as a course for future orphanage graduates. The widely-used manual, written from a Christian perspective, aims to supply youth with knowledge, tools and skills needed for independent living and successful integration into society. Gennady is a member of a local Christian counseling center in Kiev. Gennady and Mina also provide pre-marital, family and individual counseling. Gennady also preaches regularly at their local church. Gennady and Mina lead family, parenting and marriage seminars and retreats in various churches in Ukraine.