Week of January 10, 2022
- Join us for worship this Sunday, January 16th at 10:30 a.m. either in-person or via livestream on our Facebook, website, or YouTube. Grace Scarle will bring a message from Isaiah 62:1-5 entitled “Are You Listening?”
- If you would like to purchase and dedicate altar flowers for a Sunday morning worship service, please email Deb Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org Cost is $60.
- We’d love to have you join us for our midday prayer service each Wednesday at 12:15 in the chapel!
- 2022 offering envelopes have unfortunately been delayed in shipping and have not reached the church yet. We’ll let you know when they arrive. Thank you for your patience!
- Bayshore’s membership will be called into a business meeting this Sunday, January 16th immediately following the worship service. A option to join via Zoom will be available, and login details are below:
Topic: BBC Business Meeting
Time: Jan 16, 2022 11:30 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 865 8014 6985
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,86580146985#,,,,*607132# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,86580146985#,,,,*607132# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 865 8014 6985
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbVG7eGhqP
Spaghetti Dinner & Bake Off
- Join us on Sunday, February 6th at 6 pm in Bayshore’s Fellowship Hall for a Spaghetti Dinner & Bake Off to benefit Bayshore’s youth camps and events! There is also an option for drive-thru pick up if you prefer not to dine-in. Please let us know how many from your family will attend or drive-thru so we know how much food to prepare. You can sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e054ba5ac2ca5f58-spaghetti or at the church welcome desk. We’d love to have folks from outside our Bayshore family join us as well, so invite your friends!! Also, start planning now what your prize-winning baked good will be! We welcome entries from kids, youth, and adults alike! Bake off entries and donations for the youth ministry will be collected as your enter or drive-thru. Email Nick Dawson at email@example.com with any questions or allergies you might have (which we will try to accomodate). Thanks for supporting Bayshore’s LOFT youth ministry!
- ShoreKids Wednesdays resume tomorrow night 6:30-7:30, and we’re have a missions celebration with games, treats, and “the big reveal!” See you then!
- ShoreKids Sunday School is available each week at 9:30 am for toddlers through 5th grade! Nursery also available. In the month of January, preschoolers will learn that Jesus teaches me important things. Elementary kids will discover the connection between self-control and God’s character, as shown through stories in the Bible. Don’t forget everyone who attends Sunday School in January gets a reward!
- Youth, we need your help at the Spaghetti Dinner & Bake Off (details above)! Let Nick know if you can be there and plan to wear your LOFT shirt that night. This will be an opportunity to make money for our upcoming summer camps and events!
- Youth Wednesday night activities resume this week (1/12) at 6:30 p.m. in The LOFT!!
- Join us for Sunday School this week at 9:30 am in The LOFT as continue our lesson series called “Counterfeit” about building an authentic and growing faith!
- Adult Wednesday night activities resume this week (1/12) 6:30-7:30 p.m.! Check out these awesome classes:
- Wellspring: This Wednesday evening class reconvenes, January 12, 6:30 – 7:30 PM. This is a place for women who desire to get fed, get connected, and find a place to be real and transparent. Join the leaders, Jane Ford and Susan Chamblee, for an hour of inspiration, friendship, and renewal.
- Zoom Bible Study with Bill Scarle:
Sundays at 9:30 a.m.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84449784025?pwd=ZlJzam9DZFo0OE90QWN0cUNZbVUrdz09
Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81828800368?pwd=Q0F6M3liL252NTVJSFRCNUgyTUJkUT09M
- Wanna serve an important mission partner on Wednesday nights? First Nesters can use your help each Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.!
- A women’s study, Experiencing God, led by Tammy Snyder will begin this Wednesday, January 12 at 10 AM. It is offered both live (in Koinonia, our coffee shop) and by Zoom. You may know God, but are you known by God? Join this class to learn how to know and do the will of God. Contact Tammy for more information and to get a copy of the book. firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-810-7499.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 853 8599 9686
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,85385999686# US (New York)
+13017158592,,85385999686# US (Washington DC)
- Want to do something good for your overall health? Join the Tai Chi class, led by Winnie Brickett, that meets every Monday and Thursday from 10 – 11 AM in our fellowship hall. For more information, contact the church office at 813-253-3411.
- When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire
you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not
consume you. Isaiah 43:2
Dianne and Shane McNary (Slovakia and Czechia)
Dianne and Shane McNary are Cooperative Baptist Fellowship field personnel ministering among the Roma people in Slovakia and Czechia. Roma are the largest minority population in Europe and experience discrimination in
all areas of life—from acceptance in church to education and employment and access to healthcare. Dianne and Shane feel that partnering relationally in the broadest possible way, while maintaining a focus on Roma ministry, allows for a more faithful witness to the possibility of reconciliation in Christ for a fractured world. This focus on relational partnerships is reflected throughout their ministry. In Děčín, Czechia, Dianne and Shane work with several local churches and individuals to provide support for a new church start. In Jelšava, Slovakia, Dianne and Shane offer encouragement to Roma believers.
Activities include weekly Bible studies focusing on discipleship and leadership. This is done in partnership with the local Slovak Baptist Church and YMCA. In Važec, Slovakia, Dianne and Shane partner with Jekh Drom as they strive to make a difference among the poor in their community. By facilitating short-term mission teams, the McNarys work to build the reputation of Jekh Drom as an asset to their community through teaching English in the local school, providing activities for children and women in the village and supporting a community center which serves the needs of the entire village. In partnership with the Baptist World Alliance and the European Baptist Federation, Shane is leading freedom and justice advocacy efforts in Europe, the Middle East and
Check out our latest newsletter here: Bayshore Connection 1-2022