Week of August 19, 2019
- Faith Café: Bayshore will be serving at Faith Café this Sunday, August 25 beginning at 4:30 pm. As always, volunteers are needed to serve hot meals to our neighbors in need. Meet at Faith Café, 1340 N. Clearview Ave.
- Team Color Sunday: College Football season is upon us! Wear your favorite team’s jersey/t-shirt/colors on September 1st.
- Are you thinking of calling Bayshore your home? Do you have questions about how we do church? Wondering what this whole Baptist thing is about? Join us Sunday, October 6 at 9:30 in Koinonia for Bayshore 101 as we answer these questions and many others about Bayshore Baptist Church.
- Our Fall Kick-Off will be on Wednesday, September 4th! Join us for a pizza party for the whole family beginning at 5:30 PM. After dinner, stay for programs and activities for all ages.
- CBF Florida Pivot: Miami. What’s Pivot? It’s a mission immersion experience open to everyone focusing on Miami and the work of our CBF Mission Partner, Touching Miami with Love, is doing there. Trip registration deadline is September 1. For more information go to www.floridacbf.org/events (travel grants are available).
What does it mean to be Baptist? What do Baptists believe? What do Baptists have in common with other Christians?
If you have ever struggled to answer these questions, you are not alone. We Baptists are a difficult group to figure out. This summer Pastor Alex will offer a summer sermon series called Free and Faithful: Exploring Baptist Life as we seek to better understand our Baptist identity together. We will talk about the Baptist confessions of faith as outlined in the Baptist Faith and Message (1963) about God, the Bible, salvation, baptism, discipleship, missions, religious liberty, social work, and the end times. More importantly, Alex will turn to the scriptures to share why Baptists have been committed to our unique way of life for centuries. If you have ever wanted to know more about the Baptist approach to the Christian faith or how to share it with others, this series is for you!
When you shop at http://smile.amazon.com/ Amazon will donate to Bayshore! It really is that simple. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Bayshore every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Bayshore once you designate it as your favorite charitable organization.
A Touch Of Grace is a salon serving both women and men at Hyde Park ALF which will be open the first & third Friday, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM of each month. We are so excited to offer free salon services to our Hyde Park friends. Want to get involved? We need salon supplies, hosts, people to wash or cut hair and paint nails, and more… See Aurora Smith.
Do you think that half the fun of reading a book is discussing it with friends afterwards? Then the Bayshore Baptist Book Club is for you! We meet the first Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. at Bayshore, in the front lobby by the elevators.
Do you ever go to your mailbox only to be disappointed by what was in it? Bills, junk mail, and unwanted political propaganda make for a sad mailbox. The Barnabas Ministry is an opportunity to fill our college students’ mailboxes with notes of encouragement. Bayshore is looking for “Barnabases” to be paired with our college students.
If you are interested in this ministry of encouragement, please contact Dina Marshall.
If you like to or want to learn how to refurbish “stuff” to be used to give young adults in need their first homes, join us. Every Wednesday a team of people will meet from 6:30 – 7:30pm in the First Nesters Studio on the 2nd floor. Childcare is provided.
While we have many friends from Hyde Park ALF who worship and mingle with us on Wednesdays and Sundays, there are some people who simply aren’t mobile enough to leave the property. Join a group of Bayshore family who are leading worship onsite at the ALF on the third Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm.
Meet in the dining room at 3011 W. DeLeon Street, only ½ mile from Bayshore. Questions, contact Jim Neill.