Week of October 7, 2019
- Bayshore’s own Michael Costa recently recorded an album featuring fellow Bayshore members called “The Bayshore Collective: Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs.” This Sunday, October 13 The Bayshore Collective will lead us in worship with songs from the album. This is the perfect time to invite your friends and neighbors to worship with you and your Bayshore family! CD copies will be available for a donation this Sunday and the album will also be available for digital download. All proceeds come back to support Bayshore.
- During October, Bayshore is collecting money for our Bahamian Neighbors who are suffering from Hurricane Dorian’s destruction. Instead of collecting diapers, as has been our tradition, we are collecting MONEY for diapers and other much needed supplies for survival. Please consider contributing what you would typically spend on a box of diapers. Simply place your cash or checks in the diaper box or submit your contribution through Bayshore’s Pushpay. Make checks payable to CBF FL.
- Bayshore will be collecting food for for Metrpolitan Ministries Thanksgiving Food Drive. Look for the big blue barrels placed throughout the church to place your contributions.
- Our regular Wednesday evening programs, classes and events continue this week beginning at 6:30 PM.
Children and Youth
- Trunk or Treat is back on Halloween,Thursday, October 31. We need candy, trunks, and trick-or-treaters. Sign up in the lobby to host a trunk and drop off your bags of candy in the lobby. Bring your friends and neighbors!
- Church directories are available on the large table in the lobby.
- If you’d like offering envelopes for 2020, place your name in the basket at the welcome desk by October 20 or email Deb Alexander at email@example.com
- Young at Heart is October 17 at 12:30 PM at Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church. Tampa Police will present Stopping Senior Scams. Sign up at the Reception Desk in the Lobby or call the church office at 813-253-3411. Cost is $8 for lunch.
- Bayshore’s Quarterly Business Meeting is Sunday, October 27 at 5 PM in the Fellowship Hall. We will begin with a time of fellowship over a covered dish supper and move into the business meeting at 6 PM.
- Congratulations to John and Carolyn Burrell for being honored by Meals on Wheels for their 10 years of dedicated service.
When you shop at http://smile.amazon.com/ Amazon will donate to Bayshore! It really is that simple. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Bayshore every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Bayshore once you designate it as your favorite charitable organization.
A Touch Of Grace is a salon serving both women and men at Hyde Park ALF which will be open the first & third Friday, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM of each month. We are so excited to offer free salon services to our Hyde Park friends. Want to get involved? We need salon supplies, hosts, people to wash or cut hair and paint nails, and more… See Aurora Smith.
Do you think that half the fun of reading a book is discussing it with friends afterwards? Then the Bayshore Baptist Book Club is for you! We meet the first Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. at Bayshore, in the front lobby by the elevators.
Do you ever go to your mailbox only to be disappointed by what was in it? Bills, junk mail, and unwanted political propaganda make for a sad mailbox. The Barnabas Ministry is an opportunity to fill our college students’ mailboxes with notes of encouragement. Bayshore is looking for “Barnabases” to be paired with our college students.
If you are interested in this ministry of encouragement, please contact Dina Marshall.
If you like to or want to learn how to refurbish “stuff” to be used to give young adults in need their first homes, join us. Every Wednesday a team of people will meet from 6:30 – 7:30pm in the First Nesters Studio on the 2nd floor. Childcare is provided.
While we have many friends from Hyde Park ALF who worship and mingle with us on Wednesdays and Sundays, there are some people who simply aren’t mobile enough to leave the property. Join a group of Bayshore family who are leading worship onsite at the ALF on the third Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm.
Meet in the dining room at 3011 W. DeLeon Street, only ½ mile from Bayshore. Questions, contact Jim Neill.