Week of October 18, 2021
- Join us for worship this Sunday, October 24th at 10:30 a.m. either in-person or via livestream on Facebook or our church website. Tammy will bring a message from Isaiah 42:5-9 entitled “Dawnings: A Vision for Our Church Right Now.”
- We’d love to have you join us for our midday day prayer service each Wednesday at 12:15 in the chapel!
- Bayshore’s membership will be called into a business meeting immediately following the worship service on Sunday, November 7th. An option to join the meeting via Zoom will be available.
- Trunk-or-Treat: Sunday, October 31st from 6:30-8 p.m. in the Bayshore parking lot! You can simply respond to this email to sign up to provide a trunk (or use the sign-up form in the church lobby)! Our goal is 12–15 trunks. We have 7 to date. Consider joining the fun and hosting a trunk! We also welcome candy donations that can be dropped off at the church.
- Parking Lot Sale: Saturday, Nov 6th 8am-noon at Bayshore. Registration is now open. Call the church office to register (813-253-3411). Invite your friends! P.S. 1st Nesters could use volunteers to help with their sale!
- This Sunday, the Dawnings process will be fully explained and expounded upon during our worship service. Immediately following worship, we will host our first of several listening sessions. Please plan to stay after worship to be a part of this discussion. No childcare is available, however, we are offering other listening sessions, an electronic version of our questions, and a paper version which can also be mailed. Here are the in-person and Zoom sessions schedule:
Sunday, October 24: following worship, 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM, in-person
Wednesday, October 27: 6:30 – 7:30 PM, in-person
Thursday, October 28: 7 – 8 PM, Zoom
Tuesday, November 2: 12:30 – 1:30 PM, Zoom
- Save the Date: Kids Advent Party, Wednesday, December 1st!
- Shore Kids Wednesdays continue tomorrow from 6:30-7:30 pm for preschool-5th grade! It’s never too late to join in the fun! We’ll have recreation, music, and hands-on mission work. If your family would like childcare for bed babies, please R.S.V.P. to Melissa 3 days in advance.
- ShoreKids Sunday School is available each week at 9:30 am for toddlers through 5th grade! Nursery also available.
- Our youth will be serving at the Metropolitan Ministries Holiday Tent on Saturday, November 20th from 2-5:30 p.m. Our volunteer slots are limited, so sign up ASAP here: http://BayshoreBaptistYouth.metromin.volunteerhub.com Contact Nick if our slots are filled up, and we can possibly get more.
- We’re looking for folks to help provide breakfast for our youth Sunday School class! Find more details and sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e054ba5ac2ca5f58-loft9
- “The Middle” (our youth Wednesday night program) continues this week! Join us in The LOFT tomorrow evening from 6:30-7:30 for prayer, study, and fun! We’ll also be providing leadership for and working alongside Shore Kids in recreation and hands-on mission work.
- Join us for Sunday School this week at 9:30 in The LOFT! We’ll continue our lesson series “The Upside Down Kingdom.”
- Bayshore’s softball team is back in action this Friday at 7 pm at Gadsden Park. Come out and cheer on our team!
- Book Discussion Group Oct. 21 & 28 @ 7:00 via Zoom: Jesus and the Disinherited by Dr. Howard Thurman, a theological leader who profoundly influenced Dr. Martin Luther King and our nation. Dr. Bernice Powell Jackson, Pastor of First United Church of Christ in Tampa, will co-facilitate with Liz Kennedy. Please RSVP to email@example.com
- Adult Wednesday night activities continue this week from 6:30-7:30 pm! Our adults have several options on Wednesday nights:
Wellspring: women’s study led by Jane Ford and Susan Chamblee
Bill Scarle’s Class: Bible study (currently covering Exodus) available to all
Help our Mission Partners: 1st Nesters, Clothes Closet, & Backpack Ministry
Chapel is open for silent, self-guided prayer
- Our Wednesday Morning Women’s Study is on break this week. The class will resume next Wednesday (10/27).
- Zoom Bible Study with Bill Scarle:
Sundays at 9:30 a.m.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84449784025?pwd=ZlJzam9DZFo0OE90QWN0cUNZbVUrdz09
Wednesdays at 6 p.m.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81828800368?pwd=Q0F6M3liL252NTVJSFRCNUgyTUJkUT09M
- In October, we are collecting both for our Backpack Ministry and items for Missy Ward Angalla to take back to Uganda when she returns in November. Needs for our Backpack Ministry include: Individually-packaged portions of: cereal, fruit cups, oatmeal, Poptarts, pudding cups, cookies, soup, mac’n’cheese, Vienna sausages, tuna crackers, peanut butter crackers, chips, ramen, spaghetti o’s, and ravioli.
Missy shared with our missions team that women often feel shamed as they leave the hospital if they don’t have the appropriate clothes for their children. You will find trunks/lockers at our two main entrances. We are filling these with Missy’s needs and she will actually take the trunks back with her. Lets shower her mission work with onesies, sleepers (for newborn – 12 months), teethers, as well as multi-vitamins for pregnant women.
- Offering for Global Missions Week of Prayer
This week is CBF’s first-ever week of prayer for the Offering for Global Missions. The Offering for Global Missions provides for the long-term presence of Cooperative Baptist Fellowship field personnel. Because presence matters, field personnel are present to cultivate beloved community, bear witness to Jesus Christ, and seek transformational development. As Jesus did with the two on the road to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-35), they are present to come near, go with, stay with, talk with and break bread with some of the world’s most neglected people. This year’s goal for the Offering for Global Missions is $4 million. This goal will fund the compensation, benefits and housing of field personnel and the educational needs of their children. During this week, we ask you to join with us in praying for the work done around the world thanks to the Offering for Global Missions. Resources related to the Offering are available online for individuals, churches and small groups. A daily guide features prayer points, scripture focus, videos and litanies. Join us in praying for the work accomplished through the Offering for Global Missions—Because Presence Matters.