February 16 – April 5, 2020
An 8-week program of slowing down to transform your life and deepen your relationship with Jesus.
During the course you will learn how to:
- Recognize the problem of emotionally unhealthy spirituality
- Know yourself that you may know God
- Go back into your past to move with God into the future
- Journey through the walls that keep you from growing spiritually
- Experience healing by transforming grief and loss
- Discover the spiritual rhythms of daily prayer and practicing sabbath
- Grow into an emotionally healthy adult
- Develop a spiritual life that works for you
Each participant will receive a copy of Emotionally Healthy Spirituality, a study guide, and a copy of the Emotionally Healthy Discipleship devotional, Day by Day.
When: Classes will be offered Monday evenings at 7 pm, Tuesday mornings at 10 am, and Sunday afternoons at 2 pm.
Registration fee: $25 (scholarships available)
Follow the link below to learn more about an exciting workshop coming to Bayshore on Saturday, Feb. 15th! Online registration is available on the link as well.
Week of January 20, 2020
- This Sunday we will turn to the calling of Jesus’ disciples to be “fishers of men” (Matthew 4:12-23). As we discuss the diversity present among those who followed Jesus, we will also look at Paul’s words to the Corinthians to be “united in the same mind and same purpose” (I Cor. 1:10-18). Together we will consider how we might celebrate our differences as those “Called to Unity.”
Children and Youth
- Passport camp is coming to Deland, Florida June 28-July 3! This is always an awesome week of Bible study, mission work, and fun for our youth! Sign-ups are now open and a deposit of $55 is due at sign-up. A final payment of $400 will be due closer to camp. Scholarship money is available for those who might need it. Contact Nick with any questions or to sign your student up today.
- Join us Wednesday evenings in January as our Bayshore children continue learning about our mission partners, Carson, Laura, and Ada Foushee who are serving in Tokyo. This week the children continue to learn how the Foushee family is being the presence of Christ within the Japanese culture.
- Join our Bayshore family to serve a hot meal to our neighbors in need. Meet at Faith Cafe (1340 N. Clearview Ave.) at 4:30 pm this Sunday, January 26th.
- Join Alex this Wednesday evening for The Challenge of Paul. Paul is one of Christianity’s most impactful, yet most debated and misunderstood figures. In “The Challenge of Paul,” John Dominic Crossan gives us the benefit of his lifelong search for the Paul of history to create a new understanding that sheds new light on Paul and why he is more relevant than ever today. Meet in the Chapel at 6:30 PM
- Bill Scarle is teaching on First and Second Timothy and Titus also known as the Pastoral epistles every Wednesday. Beginning at 6:30, his class meets in room #1475.
- Beginning the week of February 16, Alex will be offering spiritual formation courses called “Emotionally Healthy Discipleship”. Classes will be offered on Monday evenings, Tuesday mornings, and Sunday afternoons. Here’s a link to sign-up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E054BA5AC2CA5F58-emotionally
- The 2020 altar flower signup sheet is now in the main lobby. Providing flowers for our Sunday worship is a great way to remember or honor someone or special occasion
- Choir practice is at 7:30 PM every Wednesday evening. Everyone is welcome!
- Transforming Church Index Thank you to those who have already completed the Transforming Church Index survey. If you still need to take the survey, we will be receiving responses through the month of January. This survey will help our friends at the Transforming Center as they seek to offer important spiritual formation programs for pastors and churches. It will also help us at Bayshore as we seek to plan our own spiritual formation programs. The survey can also help you think about your own spiritual practices and where God might be calling you to grow. Please consider giving 15 minutes of your time to complete the survey. If you would prefer paper copies, these are available at the welcome desk. You can take the survey here: Transforming Church Index
When you shop at http://smile.amazon.com/ Amazon will donate to Bayshore! It really is that simple. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Bayshore every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Bayshore once you designate it as your favorite charitable organization.
A Touch Of Grace is a salon serving both women and men at Hyde Park ALF which will be open the first & third Friday, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM of each month. We are so excited to offer free salon services to our Hyde Park friends. Want to get involved? We need salon supplies, hosts, people to wash or cut hair and paint nails, and more… See Aurora Smith.
Do you think that half the fun of reading a book is discussing it with friends afterwards? Then the Bayshore Baptist Book Club is for you! We meet the first Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. at Bayshore, in the front lobby by the elevators.
Do you ever go to your mailbox only to be disappointed by what was in it? Bills, junk mail, and unwanted political propaganda make for a sad mailbox. The Barnabas Ministry is an opportunity to fill our college students’ mailboxes with notes of encouragement. Bayshore is looking for “Barnabases” to be paired with our college students.
If you are interested in this ministry of encouragement, please contact Dina Marshall.
If you like to or want to learn how to refurbish “stuff” to be used to give young adults in need their first homes, join us. Every Wednesday a team of people will meet from 6:30 – 7:30pm in the First Nesters Studio on the 2nd floor. Childcare is provided.
While we have many friends from Hyde Park ALF who worship and mingle with us on Wednesdays and Sundays, there are some people who simply aren’t mobile enough to leave the property. Join a group of Bayshore family who are leading worship onsite at the ALF on the third Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm.
Meet in the dining room at 3011 W. DeLeon Street, only ½ mile from Bayshore. Questions, contact Jim Neill.