Week of December 2, 2019
- Join us for worship this Sunday at 10:30 as we celebrate Peace during the second Sunday of Advent. Our Bayshore choir will present a Christmas Cantata, which offers us a great opportunity to invite family and friends to Bayshore! As one theologian describes, “We call them “Christmas carols,” but they are really Christian hymns celebrating the incarnation of our Lord and Savior. For a few weeks each December, these profound songs of worship become a ubiquitous part of the holiday atmosphere. Our society’s pervasive interest in them provides us with a unique opportunity to talk about Jesus. It is the perfect time to explain the meaning of these songs to those who don’t know Him.”
Children and Youth
- Our Children’s Advent Party is Wednesday, December 4 from 5:30 – 7:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall. Families are invited to dinner and a time of hands on learning as we discover how to prepare our hearts for Christmas. Please RSVP to the church 813-253-3411.
- Our Youth Christmas Party will be in The LOFT Friday 12/20 from 7-9 pm. Bring a $10 or less gift to exchange and wear your best Christmas swag!
- Our Children’s Mission Market is back and open for business. The children have been working all Fall to create unique gifts, crafts and art to sell. The Market will be open every Sunday until Christmas. All proceeds will go to two personally selected mission partners, the Lee family in Macedonia and the Muniz family in France. P.S. Check out the beautifully hand-carved wooden art pieces Lynn Jones has created for our market. Thank you, Lynn!
- This Christmas, Bayshore is blessing Kingdom Kids, one of our mission partners. Check out the lobby display near the elevator. Simply take a tag and return your item/donations to the basket before December 15. They have requested UNWRAPPED gifts. 🙂
- Join us in praying for our Global Mission Partners! Visit our hands-on display in the Main Lobby. Together, we are able to blanket the world in prayer.
- Following our Christmas Cantata this Sunday, Bayshore is hosting a Young at Heart luncheon in the fellowship hall. To register, call the church office at 253-3411 BEFORE Thursday, December 5.
- As you shop, remember to contribute to Bayshore through the Amazon Smile program. Every time you make a purchase through Amazon, we receive a donation. Simply go to smile.amazon.com and follow the directions.
- Save the date! Bayshore’s Christmas Eve Service will begin at 6 PM… on Christmas Eve. 🙂 Invite friends to join you this year.
- The 2020 women’s retreat, January 31 – February 2 is open for registration. Join our facebook page, 2020 Women’s Retreat: A New Thing!
- Be sure to pick up your Advent Devotional located in baskets throughout the church.
When you shop at http://smile.amazon.com/ Amazon will donate to Bayshore! It really is that simple. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Bayshore every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Bayshore once you designate it as your favorite charitable organization.
A Touch Of Grace is a salon serving both women and men at Hyde Park ALF which will be open the first & third Friday, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM of each month. We are so excited to offer free salon services to our Hyde Park friends. Want to get involved? We need salon supplies, hosts, people to wash or cut hair and paint nails, and more… See Aurora Smith.
Do you think that half the fun of reading a book is discussing it with friends afterwards? Then the Bayshore Baptist Book Club is for you! We meet the first Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. at Bayshore, in the front lobby by the elevators.
Do you ever go to your mailbox only to be disappointed by what was in it? Bills, junk mail, and unwanted political propaganda make for a sad mailbox. The Barnabas Ministry is an opportunity to fill our college students’ mailboxes with notes of encouragement. Bayshore is looking for “Barnabases” to be paired with our college students.
If you are interested in this ministry of encouragement, please contact Dina Marshall.
If you like to or want to learn how to refurbish “stuff” to be used to give young adults in need their first homes, join us. Every Wednesday a team of people will meet from 6:30 – 7:30pm in the First Nesters Studio on the 2nd floor. Childcare is provided.
While we have many friends from Hyde Park ALF who worship and mingle with us on Wednesdays and Sundays, there are some people who simply aren’t mobile enough to leave the property. Join a group of Bayshore family who are leading worship onsite at the ALF on the third Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm.
Meet in the dining room at 3011 W. DeLeon Street, only ½ mile from Bayshore. Questions, contact Jim Neill.