Week of May 17, 2021
- Graduation Sunday at Bayshore is this week (May 23rd)!
- Check out our new weekly prayer section for the upcoming Dawnings discernment process.
- Dress for Success and Faith Cafe need our help! (details under “Missions”)
- Join us for worship this Sunday, May 23rd, at 10:30 a.m. either in-person or via livestream on Facebook or our church website. This will be a special Sunday to honor our 2021 graduates!
- We hope to resume Sunday morning childcare beginning June 6th, but we need volunteers in order to do so. If you’d be willing to volunteer, please email Melissa Scarle at email@example.com
- If you would like to purchase and dedicate altar flowers for a Sunday morning worship service, please email Deb Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org Cost is $60.
- Prayers are desired for our Dawnings Team that will begin the journey to seek God’s hopes and dreams for Bayshore. On June 11 and 12, this team will meet and retreat to begin this discernment process that will be a part of our lives here at Bayshore over the coming months. Please pray for this team to: experience the presence of the Holy Spirit, be present and available for the entire process, be open to allow God to shape Bayshore’s future, and construct big and bold dreams for this church. Team members include: Dina Marshall, Mel Bower, Joan McClelland, Steve McNichols, Katie Daniel, TJ Hunt-Felke, Sandi Wallace, Jon Pearce, Robert Wilson, Christina Hiler, Alaina Mirabal, and Jeff Lekarczyk.
- Mark your calendars:
June 23 – Journey of Faith Scavenger Hunt
July 21 – Family Movie Night
- Sunday morning classes are available via Zoom for both preschool and elementary children. Contact Melissa at email@example.com for access information. Also, don’t forget that Melissa emails out links to Bible message videos for children of all ages each week.
- Mark your calendar: On Saturday June 19th, our youth will be taking a day trip to Ft. De Soto beach!
- The youth continue to connect digitally on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings! Contact Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org for access information.
- Bayshore’s softball team is in the playoffs and would love your support at Gadsden Park this Friday night (5/21)! The semi-final game is at 8 p.m. with the final to follow at 9 p.m.
- Check out these great studies:
Faith, Film, & Formation with Alex Gallimore
Our next class will be tomorrow (May 19th) at 7:30 p.m. on Zoom. We’ll discuss the Howard Thurman’s Jesus and the Disinherited. Copies are available at the church or on Amazon.
Zoom Link: https://bostonu.zoom.us/j/2063751820
Bible Study with Bill Scarle
Sundays at 9:30 a.m.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84449784025?pwd=ZlJzam9DZFo0OE90QWN0cUNZbVUrdz09
Wednesdays at 6 p.m.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81828800368?pwd=Q0F6M3liL252NTVJSFRCNUgyTUJkUT09
Women’s Study of Isaiah with Tammy Snyder
Wednesdays at 10 a.m.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88219114753
- Our mission partner, Dress for Success, places notes of encouragement into purses they give women. Please consider writing a few notes of encouragement to these women. Notes from children are welcome too. The mission of Dress for Success is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire, and the development tools to help them thrive in work and in life. Dress for Success clients are referred through homeless shelters, safe houses, immigration services, job training programs, and educational institutions. Completed notes should be given to Tammy Snyder.
- Faith Café, a Bayshore supported local soup kitchen, needs a driver every other Tuesday to pick up food at 10:15 a.m. at Metropolitan Ministries and deliver it to Faith Café. Commitment time is 1 mid-morning hour every other Tuesday. Is God nudging you to serve in this way? Contact Greg Jones at 813-784-8182.
- Food & School Supplies for our Backpack Ministry: It’s time to restock our food for kids in need and also provide them with much needed school supplies so they can finish the year strong! Donations can be dropped off as you enter worship or anytime during church office hours throughout April & May. Food items needed include individually packaged portions of: peanut butter crackers, ramen/cup noodles, ravioli, spaghetti o’s, soup, mac’n’cheese, Vienna sausages, tuna crackers, cereal, granola/breakfast bars, Pop tarts, raisins, fruit snacks, pudding cups, bags of chips and cookies. School supplies needed include: 3×5 index cards, (3-pronged) plastic pocket folders (plain), boxes of Expo marker (wide and narrow), 1 inch white binders with pockets, 3 inch binders, #2 pencils (sharpened), composition notebooks with holes, 1-subject spiral notebooks, 3-subject spiral notebooks, cloth pencil pouches with holes, & plastic folders with holes (no prongs).
- I will put my spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you on your own soil; then you shall know that I, the Lord, have spoken and will act, says the Lord. Ezekiel 37:14
Nell Green (Rock Hill, SC)
After 26 years of field service with CBF in Miami, Brussels, and Houston, Nell is working to help facilitate a culture where mission flourishes by engaging with Field Personnel, the CBF Development and Communications teams, ministry partners, and churches to strengthen the Offering for Global Missions and related projects like the Missions Marketplace at General Assembly for a new generation of Fellowship Baptists. This new role allows Nell to use networking skills and a passion for marketing and promotion to benefit all of CBF’s Field Ministries.