Week of August 2, 2021
- Join us for worship this Sunday, August 8th at 10:30 a.m. either in-person or via livestream on Facebook or our church website. We’re excited to welcome our own Sara Hunt-Felke as our guest preacher this week!
- If you would like to purchase and dedicate altar flowers for a Sunday morning worship service, please email Deb Alexander at email@example.com Cost is $60.
- We’d love to have you join us for our midday day prayer service each Wednesday at 12:15 in the chapel!
- Immediately following the worship service this Sunday (8/8), Bayshore’s membership will be called into a business meeting. You can join the meeting via Zoom using this link:
Meeting ID: 872 4167 8452
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,87241678452#,,,,*405760# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,87241678452#,,,,*405760# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 872 4167 8452
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdsDxAM71c
- Dawnings Session 4 will be on Wednesday, August 11th. We greatly appreciate your prayers as we spend time listening to and seeing what God has next for Bayshore. “How do you feel when you know you are living out God’s will?”, and “How is our church NOW engaging in God’s dream for the world?” are questions we will be grappling with next. Remember to pray for Tammy, Dina, Sandi, Katie, Alaina, Christina, Joan TJ, Robert, Mel, Jeff, and Steve.
- Promotion Sunday is August 15! We will recognize children rising from preschool to kindergarten (school years 2020-2021 & 2021-2022) during the worship service. Children will attend Sunday School classes based on the 2021-2022 school year starting August 15.
- Save the Date: Family Bingo on Sunday, September 12th!
- On Sunday, August 15th after church, we’ll have our “LOFT Back-to-School Kickoff” up in The LOFT. We hope all our youth and their parents will join us for a free lunch as we reconnect, play games, and talk about all the great things we have planned for the fall! Don’t forget that the 15th is also Promotion Sunday, and we’ll be recognizing our rising middle-schoolers during worship!
- Join us for LOFT Sunday School this week as we continue our lesson series called “Even If…” about how God is always with us, even in change and uncertainty.
- On Sunday, August 15, Bayshore’s Sunday School/Small Group Open House is happening in our Fellowship Hall at 9:30 AM. Come and hear from our leaders how and what they will be studying this fall. Melissa and Nick will also be present to share what’s happening in our children and youth departments. Come prepared to get engaged about what’s happening this Fall!
- Join us this week for our in-person joint Sunday School class as Sam Ciccarello leads us!
- Bible Study with Bill Scarle:
Sundays at 9:30 a.m.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84449784025?pwd=ZlJzam9DZFo0OE90QWN0cUNZbVUrdz09
Wednesdays at 6 p.m.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81828800368?pwd=Q0F6M3liL252NTVJSFRCNUgyTUJkUT09
- Our CBF mission partner in Uganda, Missy Ward-Angala will be our guest preacher on Sunday, August 15th!!
- Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. John 6:35
Gennady and Mina Podgaisky (Kiev, Ukraine)
Gennady and Mina Podgaisky serve in Kyiv, Ukraine, where they facilitate the ministries of the Village of Hope, a ministry center that assists foster families. They also lead Bible studies, provide counseling, organize and lead seminars and retreats and provide training on the Life-Skills Manual for Youth. Gennady and Mina helped establish the Village of Hope in 2003. The Village of Hope currently hosts three Ukrainian foster families with a total of 21 children. The Village of Hope also offers year-round camp facilities for local churches, Christian camp organizations and other groups to rent. Mina is one of the authors and trainers of the Life Skills Manual for Youth, which offers Christian perspectives, tools and skills needed for independent living. Gennady is a member of a local Christian counseling center in Kiev. Gennady and Mina also provide pre-marital, family and individual counseling. Gennady also preaches regularly at their local church. Gennady and Mina lead family, parenting and marriage seminars and retreats in various churches in Ukraine.