Want to get a workout while helping someone in need? This Saturday, August 20th First Nesters is helping a young woman turn her empty apartment into a warm and inviting space for her to call home. We need volunteers to help us move furniture from Bayshore to Marcia’s apartment. The time commitment is typically less than 4 hours beginning at 8:30am. Here’s an opportunity for students to earn their required community service hours. Call or text Gloria Scarle at 813-505-7441 to sign up ASAP.
Week of August 15, 2022
- Join us on Sunday for worship at 10:30am either in-person or online! Rev. Dr. Scott Stearman will bring the message “The Peril of Principles Over People” from Luke 13:10-17.
- Midday prayer service each Wednesday at 12:15 pm in the chapel.
- Lots of fun stuff in store for our Shore Kids crew! Starting September 14th, we roll out new Missions Programming on Wednesday evenings. PLUS–look for details on events coming this fall!
- The Loft Fall Kick-Off THIS SUNDAY August 21st at noon!
- Got Old Athletic Shoes? Bayshore Youth announce a used athletic shoe drive! If you have extra sneakers in your closet, garage, locker, gym bag—even if they’re dirty or old—don’t throw them away. Bring them to our collection baskets, and we can recycle them to raise money for youth events. The athletic shoe recycling program helps keep shoes out of landfills, which has harmful effects on our environment, AND helps raise money for Bayshore Youth events. It’s a win-win for everyone! Tell your friends and neighbors!
- PHOTO DAY THIS SUNDAY! If you haven’t already emailed a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org for the new Church Directory, Rita Costa will be taking pictures THIS SUNDAY in the hall between the nursery and sanctuary. Take a minute to snap a photo and be a part the Church Directory!
- Hillsborough House of Hope is in need of some outdoor furniture for the ladies to sit, relax and enjoy the Florida Sunshine. If you have any outdoor furniture that you would be giving away or would like to donate there are 3 houses in need: one house needs a table with umbrella and 4 chairs and the other 2 need 6 outdoor chairs and 5 small patio tables. If you have any items to donate to this valued Mission Partner, contact Caren Hayward at 813 380 9063 or e-mail at email@example.com. Thank you!”
- First Nesters is a Bayshore Mission Partner that helps youth aging out of foster care furnish their first apartments. We need your help: delivering/setting up furnishings, picking up donations, and obtaining items (furniture and household items). For more information contact: Deb Alexander, Jane Ford, Karen Rooks, Gloria Scarle, Melissa Scarle, or Tammy Snyder. OR … come to our informational meeting THIS SUNDAY 8/28 after worship in Koinonia Coffee Shop.
- The Hive Needs Volunteers! The Hive Inclusive Community has a mission of creating inclusive spaces made up of our Tampa Bay community where members can learn, grow and thrive. They need volunteers to support our instructor led classes and social events. Please feel free to reach out to Tonya Whitlock at 808-256-0916 for detailed information on how you can serve alongside the mission of inclusion, or visit https://theinclusivehive.org/ for more details about this valued Mission Partner!