Week of January 20, 2020
- This Sunday we will turn to the calling of Jesus’ disciples to be “fishers of men” (Matthew 4:12-23). As we discuss the diversity present among those who followed Jesus, we will also look at Paul’s words to the Corinthians to be “united in the same mind and same purpose” (I Cor. 1:10-18). Together we will consider how we might celebrate our differences as those “Called to Unity.”
Children and Youth
- Passport camp is coming to Deland, Florida June 28-July 3! This is always an awesome week of Bible study, mission work, and fun for our youth! Sign-ups are now open and a deposit of $55 is due at sign-up. A final payment of $400 will be due closer to camp. Scholarship money is available for those who might need it. Contact Nick with any questions or to sign your student up today.
- Join us Wednesday evenings in January as our Bayshore children continue learning about our mission partners, Carson, Laura, and Ada Foushee who are serving in Tokyo. This week the children continue to learn how the Foushee family is being the presence of Christ within the Japanese culture.
- Join our Bayshore family to serve a hot meal to our neighbors in need. Meet at Faith Cafe (1340 N. Clearview Ave.) at 4:30 pm this Sunday, January 26th.
- Join Alex this Wednesday evening for The Challenge of Paul. Paul is one of Christianity’s most impactful, yet most debated and misunderstood figures. In “The Challenge of Paul,” John Dominic Crossan gives us the benefit of his lifelong search for the Paul of history to create a new understanding that sheds new light on Paul and why he is more relevant than ever today. Meet in the Chapel at 6:30 PM
- Bill Scarle is teaching on First and Second Timothy and Titus also known as the Pastoral epistles every Wednesday. Beginning at 6:30, his class meets in room #1475.
- Beginning the week of February 16, Alex will be offering spiritual formation courses called “Emotionally Healthy Discipleship”. Classes will be offered on Monday evenings, Tuesday mornings, and Sunday afternoons. Here’s a link to sign-up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E054BA5AC2CA5F58-emotionally
- The 2020 altar flower signup sheet is now in the main lobby. Providing flowers for our Sunday worship is a great way to remember or honor someone or special occasion
- Choir practice is at 7:30 PM every Wednesday evening. Everyone is welcome!
- Transforming Church Index Thank you to those who have already completed the Transforming Church Index survey. If you still need to take the survey, we will be receiving responses through the month of January. This survey will help our friends at the Transforming Center as they seek to offer important spiritual formation programs for pastors and churches. It will also help us at Bayshore as we seek to plan our own spiritual formation programs. The survey can also help you think about your own spiritual practices and where God might be calling you to grow. Please consider giving 15 minutes of your time to complete the survey. If you would prefer paper copies, these are available at the welcome desk. You can take the survey here: Transforming Church Index