Bayshore is a welcoming community of faith committed to loving God and serving others.
As a welcoming community of faith, Bayshore values diversity united by our shared faith in Jesus Christ.
- We affirm the timeless Christian teachings of the Apostles Creed.
- We celebrate our Baptist tradition and are proud partners of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship.
- We are ecumenical in outlook and value relationships across denominational lines.
- We believe in loving and serving God by loving and serving others.
- At Bayshore, we understand faith is a journey and are committed to being continually formed together into the image of Jesus Christ.
- As Baptists, we are committed to the historic principles of:
Soul Freedom — We believe in the priesthood of all believers and affirm the freedom and responsibility of every person to relate directly to God without the imposition of creed or the control of clergy or government.
Bible Freedom — We believe in the authority of Scripture. We believe the Bible, under the Lordship of Christ, is central to the life of the individual and the church. We affirm the freedom and right of every Christian to interpret and apply scripture under the leadership of the Holy Spirit.
Church Freedom — We believe in the autonomy of every local church. We believe Baptist churches are free, under the Lordship of Christ, to determine their membership and leadership, to order their worship and work, to ordain whomever they perceive as gifted for ministry, and to participate as they deem appropriate in the larger body of Christ.
Religious Freedom — We believe in the freedom of religion, freedom for religion, and freedom from religion. We support the separation of church and state.